A signature is an assignment, task, activity, project, or exam used to collect evidence of student learning for specific CACREP Standard. The CACREP Standard rubric is used to assess the signature assignment and the cumulative results are used as part of a program’s reporting on student learning in the annual report or self-study. Other coursework can build towards the signature assignment meaning that the signature assignment integrates cumulative knowledge of what the students learned in a particular course or set of courses for a particular CACREP Standard(s). Like other assignments, a signature assignment is graded numerically to be factored into the final course grade.
It is important to realize that counselors review current research in order to identify supportable practices to employ when working with a specific population, problem, or need. In order to demonstrate your integration and application of the conceptual material presented in this course, you will compose a proposal for a needs assessment and program evaluation you could conduct in the forensic counseling field. The proposal needs to be a minimum of 12 pages in length and adhere to APA format (6th Edition), including a title page, abstract, reference list and correct citation. The proposal will be graded according to the completeness of the following elements;
- APA Formatted title page. ( Tittle, page numbers, running head, author information)
- APA formatted abstract of no more than 100 words. The abstract should introduce the problem or need you are focusing on, summarize research on that problem, and state what practices are best to address the problem.
- State the problem or need you are focusing on (e.g, teen pregnancy, domestic violence, dually-diagnosed offenders, etc), explaining why this problem is relevant to your geographic area using a text ( article, report, monograph, etc) to support your claim.
- Critical Literature Review: Summarize and critique recent research on your topic. Along with the text youused to support your claim that the topic is relevant to your area, you must base your review on at least:
- Two quantitive journal articles ( may be experiment, survey, or meta-analysis based)
- One quantitive journal article.
- One other critical literature review source ( journal article, book, or book chapter)
- Best Practices
- Identify a counseling intervention that has been demonstrated to address the problem or need you chose. Describe the intervention using one study ( quantitive, qualitative, journal, book, book chapter, dissertation, etc) to support your description
- Briefly summarize what a school, community agency or other organization would need to implement the intervention
- Needs Assesment
- Stakeholders: Identify the people you would like to interview in order to ensure your program is meeting genuine community needs. These include not only members of the population the intervention was designed for use with, but their family members other professional groups likely to interact with the population, and other people that might help, hinder the implemention of the intervention
- Interview Questionnaire. Create a set of questions you would use to complete your needs assessment. The questions should be guided by an overarching research questions and designed to create a rich and trustworthy understanding of the needs your project is focused on (based on the principles of qualitative research)
- Program Evaluation: Describe a plan to evaluate your program or intervention once it is implemented. Specifically :
- Informed Consent Letter : Create a letter describing your project , the likely risks and benefits, how data will be stored , and who a participant should contact if they have questions.
- Describe the data youwould want to collect to demostarte the interventions efficacy
- Identify when you want to collect said data and why
- Describe how you would collect your data ( observation, assessmentinstrumental, interview etc.)
- Describe who the main participants will be and your sampling strategy, justifying both
- Analytical Method. Describe the statical method youwould use to evaluate the efficacty of your intervention, including the limitations and strengths of that method.
- APA Formatting: Along with the title page numbers, and abstract , you need to :
- Create a reference list for all sources used
- Use correct citation formats.
- Follow guidelines on parallel structure, avoiding bias, and using the active voice
Follow guidance on grammer and punctuation.